Description / History
In the 1700s and 1800s the lands of what today is Chãteau Grand’Grange was owned by a couple of Barons. Entering 1842 the Chãteau was built with granite rocks from the neighbouring towns. In 2009 Per Hakon Schmidt and Marianne Philipp take over the Estate.
The vineyards are located in Le Perréon, at the beginning of the Beaujolais Crus area. The vines have been placed aronud the castle on the South-side, ensuring optimal condition for sun exposure. The soils are sandy and granitic. The vineyards are a part of A.O.P – Protected Designation of Origin – Beaujolais Villages. Only 2 varieties are allowed growing here: Gamay for the reds and Chardonnay for white wine.
In 2019 Andrea Pugliese became the new Technical Manager of the promosing Estate. Andrea arrived with the philosophy of becoming as natural as possible. He began the conversion to sustainable viticulture while allowing each vintage to be its own, just as nature meant it.
Andrea’s philosophy combined with Marianne and Per’s vision for excellence and diversification make up a great match.